Cafe Du Monde beignets and a chicory coffee – it’s what’s for breakfast in New Orleans! Only 72 more days until the NABJ Annual Convention & Career Fair — register today here!! Pre-registration rates end on June 1.
Photo courtesy of Aprill O. Turner
NABJ Student Representative Wilton Jackson held a TweetChat on May 25 to help student and NABJ members prepare for the NABJ Annual Convention and Career Fair Aug. 9-13, 2017, in New Orleans.
Jackson threw questions out to panelists Tierra Smith, Victoria Walker, Malika Andrews, Tyler Ricky Tynes, Cameron Wolfe, Brianna Williams, Tierra Carpenter and Polly Irungu to offer advice and help students be successful navigating what can be a career-changing event. this preparing for the upcoming #NABJ17 convention in New Orleans, Louisiana. Click here to see a complete Storify of their tips!
Don’t suffer from FOMO. Pre-registration for the convention ends on June 1, so register here
TODAY!! See you in New Orleans!
10. Convention registration prices for members jump from $380 to $550 after June 1.
9. The host hotel, the Hilton Riverside, is running out of rooms.
8. Give back to New Orleans by participating in NABJ’s Day of Service.
7. Feed your body and spirit at the Gospel Brunch.
6. Dress to the nines for the Salute To Excellence Gala.
5. Shake your groove thang (and help a worthy cause) at the must-attend NABJ Sports Task Force Jam at the House of Blues.
4. Attend plenary sessions on the hottest news topics.
3. Brush up on skills and learn the latest in newsroom innovations at the workshops.
2. Meet dozens of employers at the Career Fair.
1. Meet and be with people who look like you and are doing what you’re doing, for advice and encouragement.
And yes, that is my daughter, Baby Digital, behind the mask!