By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
EDITOR’S NOTE: The NABJ Digital Journalism Task Force and the NABJ Media Institute are holding a webinar TODAY: “Video Storytelling for Journalists,” starting at 11:30 a.m. Eastern time. It’s not too late to register, here.
I owe my readers an apology. I have been lagging a bit with blog posts. We all know how life gets in the way! But I’m back on track and have several great interviews coming in the next few weeks. A side effect is that the news keeps happening and my Fast Five bookmarks folder is packed, so I’m making an executive decision — I’m going to do 10 tips every Friday for the rest of the year. And even though Mark Luckie is no longer the owner of the 10000 Words blog, I will continue my streak of leading off with a post from here. Enjoy!
- 10000 Words – 5 Ways to find, mix and mash your data
- Black Star Rising – After the Newspaper Layoff: The First Six Things You Should Do
- Mashable – 12 Beginner Tutorials for Getting Started with Adobe Illustrator
- AMEX Open Forum – How to Run Your Business Online With $10 (and a Google Account)
- Social Media A La Carte – How to Use Flickr Photos on Your WordPress Blog
- Jorgen Sundberg – How To Make Google Love Your Twitter Profile
- Lost Remote – Social Media Tips and Tools for Journalists
- Multimedia Shooter – Why You NEED to Learn After Effects, NOW!
- GigaOM – 5 Tips for Getting the Most out of Google Reader
- Nieman Lab – Five important mobile app findings for news orgs