By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
Before I get started with this week’s five plus five, I want to address a few housekeeping items. First, voting is now open for this year’s National Association of Black Journalists board of directors. Avoid the crowds at this year’s convention Aug. 3-7 and vote online now, here.
Second, the NABJ Digital Journalism Task Force will be holding an online forum for the NABJ candidates for VP-Print — Denise Clay and Errin Haines — on Wednesday, June 8 at 7:30 p.m. EDT. The webinar is free, but you must register, here. Now, onto Fast Five!
- 10000 Words – 5 Creative uses of DocumentCloud
- Networked – Streamlining your social media posting: How to update more than one site at a time
- Journalists’ Toolkit – 7 Do’s and Don’ts for Video on Point-and-Shoot Cameras
- Mashable – Facebook Profile Migrations: A Cautionary Tale
- MakeUseOf – 5 Cool Ways To Make Use Of National Geographic Maps
- SmartBlog on Social Media – 6 tools to measure your personal branding efforts
- Teaching Online Journalism – Teaching about storytelling
- Web Design Ledger – 10 Blogs to Help You Become a Photography Expert
- David Lee King – 5 Tips for Editing Videos
- Mastering Multimedia – Producing Audio Slideshows with Final Cut Pro
Posted in Conferences & Conventions, Education, journalism, multimedia journalist
Tagged 10000 Words, benet, Benet Wilson, digital journalism, djtf, Journalists' Toolkit, Mashable, nabj, Networked, online, video