By Benét J. Wilson, NABJ VP-Digital
The Call for Proposals for the 2017 NABJ Convention and Career Fair is now open. The organization relies on volunteers to put on workshops that help members stay relevant in their journalism and communications careers. As a past program chair (2012 and 2013),
As a past program chair (2012 and 2013), I regularly heard from members who complained about not seeing the workshops they wanted. I always asked, “did you submit anything?” Nine times out of 10, it was a no.
So ensure that you get the programming you want to see in New Orleans and submit a proposal here by the February 15 deadline. You must be an NABJ member to submit a workshop. Below are 10 panel ideas you may want to consider. Good luck!!
- Ways to search for that next job
- Copyediting your stories when there’s no copy desk
- Using your journalism skills in non-journalism jobs
- How to use the latest data journalism tools
- Want to start podcasting? Here’s how
- Ways to shoot live video (Facebook Live, Periscope)
- How to break into INSERT BEAT HERE
- How to develop and produce multiplatform stories
- Multimedia training for veteran journalists
- Tips for breaking into freelance journalism