Thanks to the Internet, there are now myriad web-based tools that job seekers can use to help in the hunt for employment. With all the competition out there for journalism/communications jobs, we can use all the help we can get to stand out from the crowd. Below are five we found were useful.
- Mashable — Job Hunter Designs Resume to Look Like Kickstarter
- Knight Lab — Portfolio sites for journalists, GitHub makes them cheap and (kinda) easy
- Mashable — How to Reinvent Your Career
- Poynter — Digital portfolios for journalists: What are your options?
- Mashable — 5 Steps to Take for Job Seeking in a New Industry
Benét J. Wilson is the immediate past chair of the NABJ Digital Journalism Task Force and is the social media/eNewsletters editor for the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and a freelance aviation journalist and blogger.