By Ameena Rasheed, NABJ Digital Journalism Task Force Intern
Editor’s note: the Digital Journalism Task Force is working on programming that will take us right to the annual convention. To that end, we’d appreciate it if you could take this quick 5-question survey to let us know what you want. Thanks!!
Webbmedia Group has a great mega calendar of events that catches things not covered below. If you want to subscribe to the calendar, click here. You can also subscribe to this calendar so the information appears on your personal Google Calendar. Just go to the Webbmedia Google calendar, click the “+Google Calendar” icon at the bottom right, and then click “Yes, add this calendar” in the dialog box). The Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism has its training calendar posted for courses through July 2013.
- Morningstar, Inc., a leading provider of independent investment research, is hosting its 25th annual investment conference for financial advisors.More information about the Morningstar Investment Conference, including the full agenda, hotel accommodations, attendee registration, and continuing-education credits, is available at http://global.morningstar.com/MIC2013. Conference updates are also available on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/MStarAdvisoror through the conference hashtag: #MIC25. Press Registration Information: Full-time members of the news media may receive complimentary registration to the Morningstar Investment Conference. If you are a member of the media and want to register for the conference, visit:http://global.morningstar.com/mediaregistration or call Shawn Malayter at 312-696-6050.
- The National Association of Black Journalists welcomes you to join us from July 31-August 4, 2013 as we gather in Orlando for the 38th Annual Convention and Career Fair! Thousands of journalists, media executives, public relations professionals, and students are expected to attend to network, participate in professional development sessions and celebrate excellence in journalism.
- NAJA and Native Public Media will co-host this year’s national conference, giving special focus to the latest innovations in the media industry and news developments in Indian Country. The national conference for media professionals interested in improving their reporting on and delivery of Native news will be held at the Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center July 18-21. Click here for more information.
- George Mason University is the host of the Washington Journalism and Media Conference (WJMC) and each summer welcomes high school student leaders from all over the country as National Youth Correspondents. This summer’s conference will take place July 7-12, 2013.
- The Society of Professional Journalists, Radio Television News Association and the National Association of Hispanic Journalists present the Excellence in Journalism conference this year in Anaheim on August 24-26. Click here for more information.
- The Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC) is a nonprofit, educational association of journalism and mass communication educators, students and media professionals. The conference is in Washington D.C. on August 8-11.
- More than 850 journalists, news executives, media researchers, and community leaders will attend the 23rd Annual AAJA Convention at the Hilton New York, August 21-24, 2013. Click here for more information.
- More than 350 journalists and communication professionals from across the United States will meet in Boston from August 22 – 25, 2013 for the NLGJA National Convention and 9th LGBT Media Summit. Click here for more information.
- The McCormick Tribune Specialized Reporting Institute will be held at the UTEP campus this fall from September 26-29. There are 15 all-expenses paid scholarships for professional and independent journalists to attend. The application deadline is August 5. You may find more information here.
- It’s time to plan your trip to the 2013 Online News Association Conference & Awards Banquet, Oct. 17-19, 2013 in Atlanta. Clickhere for more information.
- The 92nd annual ACP/CMA National College Media Convention will be Oct. 23-27 in New Orleans. Click here for more information.
- The Journalism and Women Symposium (JAWS) will be hosting its fall camp in Essex, Vt. Click here for more information.
- The 35th Annual SND Workshop and Exhibition will be held November 7-9, 2013, in Louisville, Kentucky. The event is hosted by Gannett Louisville Design Studio. Click here for more information.
- The National Association of Science Writers will be held November 1-5 in Gainesville, Florida. Click here for more information.
If you have items you wish to include, please email them to me at benet AT aviationqueen DOT COM. Thanks!!