By Benét J. Wilson, chair, NABJ Digital Journalism Task Force & social media/eNewsletters editor, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
I was every excited to see the workshops chosen for the NABJ Annual Convention and Career Fair in Orlando this year. Of course, I have a natural bias toward seeing more digital programming, since this really is where all of the journalism jobs are going.
The reporting, writing and editing will not go away, but having only those skills won’t be enough to keep journalists of color relevant in their newsrooms. And while a convention isn’t long enough to teach the most important skills, below are 10 workshops that will provide you with some skills you can bring back to your newsroom the Monday after the convention. Preregistration ends on June 15, so sign up today — and I’ll see you in Orlando!!
- Gravatars, Plugins, Widgets and Themes: WordPress Crash Course (Deep Dive Learning Lab)
- Digging Deeper With Social Media
- Multimedia Boot Camp
- Data Visualization and Community as Story-telling Devices
Facebook and Twitter and Pinterest: Oh My! Bringing Social Media Sanity to Your Newsroom
Photography and Video for the Non-Visual Journalist
- Writing On The Fly: Mastering Multimedia Storytelling
- Social Media Jobs: The Next Frontier
- Welcome to 2013. It’s Time to Share More Technology Tools
- Mobile Journalism Must-Haves