By Benét J. Wilson, chair, NABJ Digital Journalism Task Force & social media/newsletters editor, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
- Social Media.biz — Own your online reputation with help from your friends. It is a plug for Reputation.com, but there are some great tips on how you can use different resources to control your online reputation on sites including Google.
- Mashable — 9 Gmail Plugins to Revive Your Productivity. I’m one of those people who is always wrangling my two Gmail accounts. The Boomerang plugin has been a lifesaver for me.
- Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press — “First Aid” mobile app. This is a very handy tool if you’re reporting on legal issues in the field and need a quick answer or explanation. The app covers the following topics, by state: Newsgathering; Court access; Public meetings; Public records; Confidential sources; and Libel.
- ReadWriteWeb — 3 Easy Tools for Crafting a Great-Looking Personal Web Page. We are getting close to the time where all journalists will need to have a web page to serve as a calling card for potential employers. This post reviews Flavors, Google+ and Vizify.
- Social Brite — What time of day should you post to your Facebook page? I have my own Facebook page, and I admit — it’s been a struggle to run it, which is why I appreciated the tips in this post.