By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
Editor’s note: the replay of today’s NABJ Reinvention Committee and Digital Journalism Task Force BlogTalkRadio “In the Thick of My Career: Searching for the ‘New Me,’” is now posted, here. Click here for the replay of our first show in this series — “The Young & the Restless: Keeping Hope & Journalism Alive,” which aired on April 15. Our third and final show in the series will be “Laid Off, Bought Out & Scared: Managing My Life and Finances.” This session with Past NABJ President Sidmel Estes of BreakThrough Inc., targets journalists who may have recently lost their jobs or fear they may lose them. We’ll discuss what you can do now to prepare for the worst, how you adjust to life without the office and offer Budgeting 101 tips.
- 10000 Words – Tools of the day: Markup.io and Connect a Sketch
- Networked – Investigative Reporting 2.0
- Journalists’ Toolkit – Soundslides: Getting started, tips and help
- MakeUseOf – 5 Tips To Perform A Smarter & Faster Google Map Search
- SmartBlog on Social Media – Using videos to amp up your blog