By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
Editor’s note: join Digital Journalism Task Force Treasurer Melanie Eversley of USA Today for a free webinar: “Some Multimedia With That Story?” This 90-minute webinar will take place Friday, March 11 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. EST. Three panelists will discuss mapping out a story from conception, reaching out to other parts of the newsroom and brainstorming ways that social media, video, reader interaction and other tools can help bring new and eye-opening dimensions to your work. Click here to register.
- 10000 Words – 6 innovative uses of Tumblr by newsrooms
- Networked – Harness the resources of the Web
- Vimeo – Welcome to Vimeo Video School
- Poynter – 6 ways journalists can use Quora as tool to report, share ideas
- GigaOm – QR Codes 101: Make Links to Your Website from Anywhere (note: Knowlegewebb members can watch a webinar and access notes to a Lunchtime Boot Camp held yesterday on QR Codes here)