By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
The winners for the 2010 Black Weblog Awards were announced today at noon. I want to congratulate all of the winners of the judges and popular vote awards. This year, more than 27,000 votes were cast.
I want to offer my personal congratulations to the winners I voted for:
- Best Business Blog – Kiss My Black Ads, judge’s vote;
- Best Culture Blog – Black Girl With Long Hair, popular vote (you can see my NABJDigital profile on this blog here);
- Best Fashion or Beauty blog: Afrobella, judges AND popular vote;
- Best Gossip Blog – Necole Bitchie, judge’s vote;
- Best Group Blog – Very Smart Brothas, judges AND popular vote;
- Best Political or News Blog – Black Snob, judges vote; and
- Blog of the Year – Oh Hell Naw, judges vote.
I’d also like to give a shout out to awards organizer Maurice Cherry for putting the spotlight on some very deserving blogs.