By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
On Wednesday, Google announced that it was ending its development of the much-hyped, but less understood Google Wave. I had several of my journalist friends rave about the Wave, but none of them could really explain to me how it works. There was a great YouTube video (warning! profanity!) that came out using clips from “Pulp Fiction” to explain it, but it was more amusing that informative.
So that leads to today’s Friday Fast Five-plus five. I’m going over all the tools in the Google arsenal that are useful for journalists. If I’m missing anything, please drop me a line and let me know. Enjoy!
- 10000 Words — 5 Cool and unexpected uses of Google Street View
- Google Tools for Journalists Australia — Google Trends: Compare what’s hot with what’s not
- MakeUseOf — 3 Google Tricks When You Don’t Know What to Search For
- Mashable — 5 Essential Tools for the Mobile Journalist (one tool they highlight is Google Voice)
- All Things Digital — Another Google Gift to Publishers: Slideshow-Ready Stats!
- MakeUseOf — 6 Reasons GTalk is The Best Free Instant Messaging Service
- Web Worker Daily — Creative Ways to Use Google Voice
- Lifehacker — Top 10 Clever Google Voice Tricks
- IJNet — Google tools for journalists: Part 1
- IJNet — Google tools for journalists: Part 2