By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
Last week was WAY too busy, so I missed writing the usual post. To make up for it, today we’ll focus on tips that will help jumpstart or boost your video efforts. And to make up for last week’s missing post, this week you’ll get 10 tips.
But before we get started, forgive me in advance for putting in two shameless plugs for upcoming events. First, if you’re going to the NABJ conference in San Diego next month, I hope you’ll sign up for the SHORT COURSE: Advanced Multimedia Training I & II. The details are here. Created by the Digital Journalism and Visual task forces, it will be a two-day intensive training for those who need to actually get their hands on equipment and produce a short multimedia story.
Second, DJTF will celebrate Social Media Day Wednesday, June 30, with a roundtable discussion on how — and why — journalists should use social media tools in reporting on stories. We’ll also offer social media tips and tricks and have time for your questions. We’ll be using Blog Talk Radio for this discussion, and more details are here. I hope you can join us. Now onto Fast Five!
- 10000 Words – I’m happy to note that my streak of including a blog post from here continues, unabated. 5 Ways to broadcast live on the web (and why you should do it). I’m happy to note that I use three of Mark Luckie’s suggestions here.
- Mashable – 10 Killer Tips for Creating a Branded YouTube Channel.
- Flip The Media – How to Create a Vlog.
- Mashable – 5 Tools For Integrating HTML5 Video in Your Website.
- Teaching Journalism Online – Video for HTML5: The latest update.
- Mashable – 4 Tips for Producing Quality Web Videos.
- Multimediashooter – Why no one is watching your video and 9 ways to improve your story [VIDEO].
- SaveDelete – 10 Best And Free Online Video Editing Software.
- Mashable – 6 Tips For Experimenting with Web Video.
- Multimediashooter – 10 hella funny videos about journalism you must see.