By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
I’m seriously thinking of changing the name of the column to Friday Fast 10. I thought that using our @NABJDigital Twitter account would help me clear the decks of this bookmark folder, but it hasn’t worked out. So today, you get 10 items — nine from the Mashable blog — because regular readers know I refuse to do this column without including an entry from the 10000 Words blog!
- 10000 Words shows some great visuals on how the media are covering the same-sex marriage debate. (Mark Luckie would really appreciate your support in buying his new book, “The Digital Journalist’s Handbook”
- 7 Superb Social Plugins for WordPress – here are some great tips for those of us always looking for the next big thing to improve our WordPress blog!
- As if all our social media tools weren’t connected enough, now we have How To: Integrate Facebook, Twitter and Buzz into Your Gmail.
- More of us are creating portfolios so we can showcase our work in one place. Mashable offers 5 Fantastic Free Tools to Showcase Your Portfolio.
- I have been looking for a designer for my ongoing branding project, and this post — 10 Fantastic Places for Finding Designers Online — came right on time for me!
- I’ve done several posts about how you can use social media to find that next job, and here’s How Job Seekers Are Using Social Media for Real Results.
- Along those same lines, Mashable tells us 4 Ways to Effectively Use Social Media as a Catalyst.
- Do you have a Facebook Group/Fan page? Here’s 4 Easy Ways to Engage them.
- I thought I’d include 10 Essential Social Media Tips for B2B Marketers because many of the tips can be easily used by journalists.
- And although I know most of you are covered, here are 11 Essential Social Media Resources You May Have Missed.