By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
Being trapped inside the house this week because of snowmageddon gave me a lot of time to do some research on the latest digital/new media tips, tricks and trends. And because I have to empty my Fast Five folder, you get 10 items this week. Enjoy!
- My favorite, 10000 Words blog, shows us 5 Cool and unexpected uses of Google Street View. I bet I could have made some cool maps tracking the snow!
- The NABJ Digital Journalism Task Force will be holding a Webinar on Twitter for Journalists later this month. But until then, the Penn Olson blog gives us 14 Cool Things People Do On Twitter.
- Here’s one for my iPhone/iPod Touch users from CyberJournalist: 10 great news applications for iPhones.
- Here’s some good news from the Mashable blog for those on Twitter and have a WordPress blog: HootSuite Now Lets You Update Your WordPress Blog.
- Still dipping your toes in the social media pool? The Social Media Today offers up 10 Ways to Get Serious About Social Media.
- PaidContent.org discusses How To Turn Journalists Into Profit Centers .
- I am always looking for that perfect combination of chargers so I don’t have to carry so many. The Chip Chick blog reviews the Macally PowerGo 3 3-in-1 Battery Charger for Mac users.
- I met Conversation Agent blogger Valeria Maltoni at the 2007 BlogPhiladelphia unconference when we were sharing my power outlet strip. She has a great post on 5 Sources of Thinking on New Journalism.
- The Innovative Interactivity blog discusses Transitioning from photography to multimedia.
- The Oatmeal blog tells us How to Use a Semi-Colon: The Most Feared Punctuation on Earth.