By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
- The National Association of Black Journalists’ Media Institute and CBS News will be holding a Webinar on Producing & Filing for the Web Feb. 3. Participants will hear about what it takes to have a solid understanding of how to produce and write content across more than one distribution channel.
- Answers.com is sponsoring the Online Community Unconference East 2010 in New York City Feb. 10. The unconference brings together online community professionals to discuss experience and strategies in the development and growth of online communities.
- The Knight Digital Media Center has set a Feb. 17 deadline to apply for its Independent Journalists Workshop, being held at the University of California-Berkeley March 21-26. The week-long workshop will offer hands-on training and tools to get started with or build an online publishing enterprise.
- BusinessWeek magazine will he holding its annual Media Summit in New York City March 10-11. The summit will host the country’s top media, entertainment and technology executives to discuss broadband, wireless, advertising, TV, film, cable, satellite, publishing, news and other media.
- South by Southwest (SXSW) is holding its 2010 Interactive conference in Austin, Texas, March 12-16. Topics include Black Blogging Rock Stars, Evolution of Online Video and The Future of Journalism is Visual.
- The annual 2010 National College Media Convention will be held March 14-16 at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City. Terry Moran, co-anchor of ABC News’ “Nightline” and Supreme Court correspondent for the network, is will be a keynote speaker at the event.
- The Reynolds Journalism Institute and the Center for the Digital Globe are hosting a symposium on March 15-16 to explore cutting edge ideas for the future of media.
- The University of Central Florida’s student chapter of the National Association of Black Journalists will be holding its first-ever conference March 20 at the campus. The goal is to prepare, encourage and educate minority students pursuing careers in the media, and the one-day workshop will cover four tracks: WWW…Media Frenzy- The Importance of being a “Know it All;” The Classifieds: The Business side of the Industry; Breaking News: Creating Your Story; and Pre and Post Production: What should I be doing as a student now?
- The Knight Digital Media Center has set a March 26 deadline to apply for its Multimedia Reporting and Convergence Workshop, being held at the University of California-Berkeley May 16-21 and June 13-18. The workshop will offer technical skills needed to produce quality multimedia stories including audio/video recording and editing, Flash graphics, digital cameras, Photoshop and web design concepts.
- TEDx Seattle will be held April 16 in partnership with the Master of Communication in Digital Media Program at the University of Washington.
- BusinessJournalism.org is holding a free Webinar, “Using Social Media to Cover Business Better” April 19-20. The first hour-long Webinar will target those new to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. The second hour will help you take your use of social media to the next level.
- The Knight Center for Specialized Journalism offers the seminar Digital Life: Policy & Privacy Online at the University of Maryland College Park’s at the Philip Merrill of College of Journalism May 26-29. Topics include Social Media and Crowdsourced Journalism, Knight News Challenge and Back-to-the-Newsroom.
If you have any items that I’ve missed, please drop me an email via the DJTF Yahoo! Listserv or at regaviationqueen AT yahoo DOT com. Thanks!