By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
Despite my best efforts to clean out my Fast Five folder at the beginning of the year, I still have way too many things to pass along. So here’s today’s Fast Five — with a bonus five. And my streak of including Mark Luckie’s 10000 Words blog in each Fast Five post continues. Enjoy!
- Are you wondering why readers hate your blog? Your favorite and mine — the 10000 Words blog — tells you exactly why.
- The Mashable blog offers a great video explaining how to use Bing Maps, along with more Twitter maps.
- For my Twitter followers, the TwiTips blog offers advice on when and how to purge your followers. I recently had to do this with my personal Twitter account, and it worked very well for me.
- Speaking of Twitter, sometimes you want to post using more than the current 140 characters. The Blogging Tips blog offers up four ways to post longer tweets on Twitter.
- The Make Use Of blog offers up 5 Online Photo Sharing Sites Which Are Free Alternatives To Flickr.
- Interested in improving your Google Reader experience? The Web Worker Daily blog gives you “Tips and Tricks: Making the Most of Google Reader.” If you’re like me and need better organization of all your feeds, this will help.
- I am one of those people who have a Blackberry. The good news is that more and more apps are being developed for us, and the Comms Corner blog has 10 free kick-ass (and useful) BlackBerry Apps for 2010. I love my Opera Mini Web browser, and I’m shocked that UberTwitter is not on this list.
- The Hongkiat Web site offers up 30+ Free Online Multimedia (Photo, Audio, Video) Editors.
- The Teaching Online Journalism blog offers its thoughts on video editing software.
- Do you need to send large files but are limited by your email system? The Fried Beef Tech blog has 8 Free Ways to Send Large Files Online. I’m a big fan of You Send It, myself.