By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
- News University has its latest list of journalism training courses. Click here to see the complete list of offerings.
- The Innovative Interactive blog has a great list of 15 multimedia training opportunities for 2010, from now through October.
- NABJ Media Institute head Doug Mitchell will be offering career help in a live web chat at KnowledgeWebb on Jan. 12.
- Digital Journalism Task Force member and editorial producer for InStyle.com Tiffany Black is holding a 4-week Introduction to Social Media course Jan. 20-Feb. 17. Participants will learn how to Expand your network through Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Flickr, and YouTube.
- Social Media @ The Beach will be held Jan. 23 in Virginia Beach, Va. The event is designed for those looking to explore social media and focus on two goals: boost personal social networking skills and develop professional social media marketing strategies. Enter mashable for the discount code to receive 15% off ticket price.
- BusinessJournalism.org is offering a free Webinar, “Investigative Business Journalism on a Beat” Jan. 25-29. Alec Klein, a former investigative journalist for the Washington Post, will take you through the investigative story from start to finish: refining and pitching an idea, developing and interviewing sources, plumbing public documents, and organizing and presenting the story effectively in multimedia.
- BusinessJournalism.org is offering a free Webinar, “Writing Business News for the Web – Breaking News and Beyond” Feb. 8-9. Taught by Pulitzer winner Jacqui Banaszynski, learn from her how to write complex, breaking business news stories for the Web.
- South by Southwest (SXSW) is holding its 2010 Interactive conference in Austin, Texas, March 12-16. Topics include Black Blogging Rock Stars, Evolution of Online Video and The Future of Journalism is Visual.
- The Reynolds Journalism Institute and the Center for the Digital Globe are hosting a symposium on March 15-16 to explore cutting-edge ideas for the future of media.
- BusinessJournalism.org is holding a free Webinar, “Using Social Media to Cover Business Better” April 19-20. The first hour-long Webinar will target those new to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. The second hour will help you take your use of social media to the next level.
- The Knight Center for Specialized Journalism offers the seminar Digital Life: Policy & Privacy Online at the University of Maryland College Park’s at the Philip Merrill of College of Journalism May 26-29. Topics include Social Media and Crowdsourced Journalism, Knight News Challenge and Back-to-the-Newsroom.
If you have any items that I’ve missed, please drop me an email via the DJTF Yahoo! Listserv or at regaviationqueen AT yahoo DOT com. Thanks!