By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
Happy New Year, and it’s great to get back to doing Friday Fast Five. Today, it will be 10, because I’m still trying to dig out of the list that has piled up since November. So here we go!
- There’s no better way to start the year (and keep my promise to have him on every Fast Five list) than with this entry from mark Luckie’s 10000 Words blog: 10 Incredible interactive audio experiences.
- Twitter fans will love the directory of awesome lists on Twitter, compiled by Listorious. I found some great people to follow on the @NABJDigital Twitter account thanks to the media list.
- Speaking of Twitter, the Networked blog offer up A beginner’s guide to Twitter. It’s basically a Twitter 101 for journalists interested in adding this microblogging site to their quiver of social media tools.
- And the TwiTips blog shows you 7 Ways To Create A Professional Twitter Presence. If I had read this post before I created my profile, I would not have had to create separate accounts.
- I don’t have an iPhone, but I do have an iPod Touch, which is why I’m passing along this gem from Mashable: 70+ Free iPhone Apps for Social Media Mavens. They don’t mention it, but I’m a huge fan of Tweetie 2 as my Twitter application.
- I normally try not to mix my aviation stuff with this blog, but I could not resist this one from the FOX News Web site: Five Travel Gadgets Worth Giving. Three of the five items are useful tools for any journalist, and the last 2 are great if you travel a lot for the job.
- CNET News is nice enough to offer up Hands-on: Bing for iPhone. I have Google as my default search engine, but it couldn’t hurt to have a second alternative.
- A 10 Step Guide to Video Blogging is given to us from the Blogging Tips Web site. Including more video in my stories is a resolution for 2010, so this will come in handy.
- The Blogsessive blog (a new favorite) offers up 10 new WordPress plugins you might want to test. Some of the plugins get really into the weeds, but you may find them helpful.
- And finally, the SocialMedia.biz site tells us 5 ways to increase the reach of your blog or RSS feed.