By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
- Journalism That Matters is holding a conference, Re-imagining News & Community in the Pacific Northwest, Jan. 7-10 in Seattle.
- The Online News Association is holding it’s “Beyond Bootcamp Multimedia Workshop” Jan. 9-16 at the University of Miami. Courses include programming for multimedia journalism, video storytelling, producing slide shows and social media tools for journalists.
- Digital Journalism Task Force member and editorial producer for InStyle.com Tiffany Black is holding a 4-week Introduction to Social Media course Jan. 20-Feb. 17. Participants will learn how to Expand your network through Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Flickr, and YouTube.
- BusinessJournalism.org is offering a free Webinar, “Writing Business News for the Web – Breaking News and Beyond” Feb. 8-9. Taught by Pulitzer winner Jacqui Banaszynski, learn from her how to write complex, breaking business news stories for the Web.
- South by Southwest (SXSW) is holding its 2010 Interactive conference in Austin, Texas, March 12-16. Topics include Black Blogging Rock Stars, Evolution of Online Video and The Future of Journalism is Visual.
- BusinessJournalism.org is holding a free Webinar, “Using Social Media to Cover Business Better” April 19-20. The first hour-long Webinar will target those new to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. The second hour will help you take your use of social media to the next level.
- The Knight Center for Specialized Journalism offers the seminar Digital Life: Policy & Privacy Online at the University of Maryland College Park’s at the Philip Merrill of College of Journalism May 26-29. Topics include Social Media and Crowdsourced Journalism, Knight News Challenge and Back-to-the-Newsroom.
If you have any items that I’ve missed, please drop me an email via the DJTF Yahoo! Listserv or at regaviationqueen AT yahoo DOT com. Thanks!