By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair,
Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
Ok, I had a lot of stuff pile up over Thanksgiving, so this week you get 10 tips. Enjoy!
- 5 Ways to find, mix and mash your data: I’m continuing my streak to include something every week from Mark Luckie’s 10000Words blog. This post offers up great mash-up tools that you can use to enhance any story.
- The Complete Guide to Video Blogging: Let’s say one resolution for 2010 is to start a video blog. This post from Mashable’s Leah Betancourt offers step-by-step instructions on how to do it.
- New Tricks: Set up a YouTube account and customize your channel: And you’ll need somewhere to store those videos. So this Old Media, New Tricks blog lets you have a customized home for your videos that can easily be linked to web sites or emailed to subscribers, potential employers or customers.
- Online tools for more productive blogging: CNET News’ Webware blog offers up some really cool tools, most of them free, to help maximize your blog.
- 10 WordPress Plugins to Help Build Community: I just started using WordPress when I started this blog, and I know I haven’t begun to tap the true power of this blogging platform. But Mashable contributor Jessica Faye Carter offers some tools that really let you tap your inner WordPress geek.
- 50 Surprisingly Amazing Themes for Blogger: For those of you who use Blogger but their selection of blog templates doesn’t float your boat, the Specky Boy Web site has some great templates, most of them free.
- 10 Useful Tools for Finding the Perfect Domain Name: This blog post from Web Design Ledger offers up some great tips on picking the right domain name for your web site.
- Four More Twitter Account Cleaners: For those of you on Twitter, you know you need to go through your account and clean up the dead wood by dropping people who are lurkers, spammers and bots. The Blogging Tips blog offers 4 great tools to do just that.
- 8 Reasons You Need to Stop Ignoring Twitter: These tips come from the Web Pro News blog, which is more marketing focused. But the tips — including Building Valuable Relationships — are applicable to journalists and public relations specialists too.
- 10 Web trends to watch in 2010: Mashable founder Chris Cashmore uses his CNN tech column to offer his thoughts, including: real-time ramps up; augmented reality; and cloud computing.