By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
- USC Annenberg’s School of Journalism, Center on Communication Leadership & Policy is holding a seminar on Entrepreneurship and the Community Web Dec. 4 in Los Angeles. Speaker David Westphal will discuss best practices, building audiences, and serving the information needs of local communities.
- The Radio Television Digital News Association is holding a Social Media Boot Camp Webinar Dec. 8 starting at 1:00 p.m. Sree Sreenivasan will teach the basics and beyond of social media and answer questions about enhancing your news organization’s online presence.
- Journalism That Matters is holding a conference, Re-imagining News & Community in the Pacific Northwest, Jan. 7-10 in Seattle.
- The Online News Association is holding it’s “Beyond Bootcamp Multimedia Workshop” Jan. 9-16 at the University of Miami. Courses include programming for multimedia journalism, video storytelling, producing slide shows and social media tools for journalists.
- Digital Journalism Task Force member and editorial producer for InStyle.com Tiffany Black is holding a 4-week Introduction to Social Media course Jan. 20-Feb. 17. Participants will learn how to Expand your network through Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Flickr, and YouTube.
- South by Southwest (SXSW) is holding its 2010 Interactive conference in Austin, Texas, March 12-16. Topics include Black Blogging Rock Stars, Evolution of Online Video and The Future of Journalism is Visual.
- The Knight Center for Specialized Journalism offers the seminar Digital Life: Policy & Privacy Online at the University of Maryland College Park’s at the Philip Merrill of College of Journalism May 26-29. Topics include Social Media and Crowdsourced Journalism, Knight News Challenge and Back-to-the-Newsroom.
If you have any items that I’ve missed, please drop me an email via the DJTF Yahoo! Listserv. Thanks!