By Benét J. Wilson, DJTF co-chair,
Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation, Aviation Week Group
My fast five bookmark folder is so full of good stuff that this week that I’m doing a bonus five more tips and tricks this week. Think of it as an early Christmas present from me to you. Enjoy!
- New rule – every Friday Fast Five list MUST include a link to the 10,000 Words blog. This week, Words tells us 5 ways to take your map mashups to the next level.
- The Almighty Link blog tells us how to add Tweets to our news stories.
- Here are the do’s and don’t’s on creating original video from PaidContent.org.
- 1stWebDesigner blog offers up 40 Incredibly Useful Web Design Tools.
- The Editor Unleashed blog gives us the savvy author’s guide to podcasting.
- The Mashable blog shows us 7 ways to make news sites more social.
- Mashable also tells us how to launch your own independent journalism site, with some great examples.
- You want news aggregators and search engines to pick up your content? Blogging Tips offers us suggestions to do just that.
- Read Write Web waxes poetic about 7 apps they have fallen in love with. I use 3 of them — Posterous, Topify and Tweetie 2.
- And last, but not least, the Journalism Journeyman blog offers a list of the top 50 journalism blogs. I hope this blog makes it on the list someday!